Reports To: Digital Development Director
Responsible for engineering, developing, and supporting digital products and solutions for North Point Ministries including websites, mobile apps, and promotional campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with ministry “customers” to understand and solve problems, with and without technology
- Designs, develops, and implements solutions using a mix of off-the-shelf, software-as-a-service,
open-source, and custom-built software
- Follows established processes and uses tools and technologies that are consistent with existing solutions, infrastructure, and support capabilities
- Thoroughly documents all solutions so they can be efficiently supported and maintained
- Troubleshoots, fixes defects, and extends the functionality of existing websites, systems, applications, mobile apps, and content management systems
- Contributes to the ongoing development of the team by offering recommendations in the areas of process improvement and new technologies
- Completes other projects as assigned by the Digital Development Director
- Background in Computer Science with 3+ years of recent experience developing in MVC web frameworks like Ruby on Rails and Laravel
- Experience implementing testing frameworks like RSpec and Capybara
- Experience with Git, Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Heroku, TDD, and Linux
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming concepts
- Naturally organized and methodical with strong attention to detail
- Comfortable participating in collaborative discussions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desired: Familiarity with basic Agile principles/Scrum methodology
Minimal physical demands. Professional work environment.
Typically no more than 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday, during normal business hours.
Occasional work outside of typical hours to support product launches, campaigns, events, and seasonal influxes. Occasional nontechnology-related work to support the greater mission of North Point Ministries.