Reports To: Digital Projects Director
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
A key member of the agile team that works collaboratively with key stakeholders to shape vision, strategy, product definition and implementation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for gaining an understanding of the business needs of our ministries.
- Works with stakeholders to define the project vision and effectively communicate it to the development team.
- Coordinates communication between the development team and stakeholders regarding goals, requirements, and business needs.
- Defines product requirements and transforms them into user stories.
- Conveys the vision and goals at the beginning of every sprint, participating in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and review meetings and retrospectives; as well as leads sprint demos.
- Collaborates with the development team to define, design, accept, and adapt features.
- Proactively manages and prioritizes a backlog along with the appropriate user acceptance criteria.
- Provides periodic dashboard reports on velocity and sprint progress.
- Works closely with the Project Manager to prepare for product launches/releases.
- Completes other projects as assigned by the Digital Project Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 3+ years experience in product management or equivalent combination of education and industry experience
- Experience with Agile principles/frameworks
- Hands-on experience with project management software e.g., Basecamp, Trello, Jira); CMS experience
- Ability to distinguish between necessary features and desirable features and plan accordingly
- Ability to understand complex business needs and translate them into detailed, executable, functional requirements
- Strong team player with the ability to autonomously manage and prioritize own work
- Strong technical aptitude and a good sense for the intersection of business, user-experience design, and technology
- Good presentation skills and confident presentation style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Minimal physical demands. Professional work environment.
Typically no more than 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday, during normal business hours.
Occasional work outside of typical hours to support product launches, campaigns, events, and seasonal influxes. Occasional nontechnology-related work to support the greater mission of North Point Ministries.